Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Avocet

We haven't stopped offering executive lounges on worldwide holidays. The lounge at Terminal 4 closed at the end of June, and unfortunately we have no control over this as it was operated by another company. At the time the brochure was published, the lounge was operating as normal, so we had no way of knowing that it was going to close. As your flight to India departs from Terminal 4, you will receive a compensation payment to make up for not being able to use this service. I'm sure the group will be able to meet up at a cafe or bar instead - your tour manager or airport rep should be able to point you in the right direction.

I agree that the 'additional holiday information' section on the essential information page is a little confusing so I have removed that. Below is a summary of the paperwork you can expect to receive from us before you travel, assuming it isn't a late booking. If you think you have missed anything, please give us a call on 0844 567 8844 and we will be pleased to resend it.

Confirmation invoice

Sent when you book

Includes: invoice, holiday handbook, booking conditions, insurance policy document (if applicable), holiday options flyer

Holiday information pack

Sent 15 weeks before departure

Includes: provisonal flight timings (if applicable), details of pre-bookable excursions, holiday options flyer, health & safety flyer

Your holiday documents

Sent 14 days before departure

Includes: flight/coach/train timings, hotel details, day to day itinerary, luggage labels, ticket wallet

I hope this clears things up for you.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hello Olly

Reading through yesterdays posts 'Spirit of India', Butterfly refers to a letter which says lounges at Heathrow are not available to us anymore. I don't know what letter to which she is referring

and as I am going to India in October I am wondering if you can enlighten me. The brochure for 2011 quite clearly advertises free use of an executive airport lounge for worldwide holidays departing from Heathrow, if we have been stopped from using them is this not a misleading advertisement?

Also, while trying to find out if there was any information on the JY essential information site about airport lounges, I came across a heading Additional Holiday Information where it refers to a Fact Sheet on "your chosen destination" being sent out with the confirmation invoice. Is this not referring to the Helpful Information sheet talked about in previous posts, which gives all the information we are asking for and

are no longer receiving? Also under the heading of Currency it again refers us to the Fact Sheet. Maybe I am completely misunderstanding what I am reading, if so I apologize now.

Kind regards