Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Pamela

Your final information letter offers this advice. I think the reason is that dollars are easier to use and are widely accepted. If you prefer, you are welcome to use Egyptian Pounds.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Thanks for this information Olly but why do I need to take US Dollar?

Pamela

Hi Pamela

Most of your excursions are included and most of your meals are too, so you could manage without very much spending money on this holiday. Personally I would take somewhere between £100 and £200 to cover the extra meals, drinks, souvenirs, tips and anything else that is necessary.

We recommend you take a small amount of local Egyptian currency plus US dollars (cash). You should be able to use your credit card in major shops and restaurants but there will be some situations where only cash will do. Make sure you let your card issuer know your travel plans, too.

Here is a list of the optional excursions from a recent departure of this tour, to give you an idea of how much you might need. Note that the Abu Simbel optional excursion can only be booked before you travel. The rest can be booked through your Tour Manager in resort and paid for using local currency or US$.

Optional excursions:

SOUND & LIGHT SHOW - Evening excursion to a ‘Sound and Light’ performance at the Pyramids of Giza, presented after sunset.

Price: £26 per person

LUXOR HORSE & CARRIAGE RIDE

HOT AIR BALLOON FLIGHT OVER LUXOR

Early morning transfer from your hotel across the Nile to the Westbank to take a 40 minute balloon flight.

Price: £110 per person

ASWAN CITY TOUR

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

How much spending money would you recommend for this trip? Will i be able to use my Visa card?

Pamela

Hi Maggie

The Safir Hotel has room safes. Most rooms at the Sonesta do not but reception will be able to look after valuables for you. The Nile ship you will probably use is MS Jasmin, which has a security deposit box in your cabin.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Could you tell me if there are safes in the Cairo hotels bedrooms and also what security for money and passports are there on the Nile Cruise please.