Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks, that is exactly the info I was looking for. - recommended minimum is less than my budget so that is also good. Cheers
Hi Kiris

Bear in mind that breakfast and lunch every day and almost all of the excursions are included, so you'll be able to spend very little if you want to. You should be able to pick up a cheap lunch most days (£3-5), although if others in the group are eating at a restaurant for lunch, you might want to join them and that would obviously cost more.

If I were going and wanted to avoid spending a lot, I would allow about £20-25 a day. Your Mastercard credit card should be fine, but I would check with your card issuer to be sure.

One of our tour managers - JohnDylanParry - posted this answer to another traveller recently. I think you will find it useful:

"...Euros are always useful as a back up,although specifically on this trip they are only used in Austria and are an option for payment of optionals if you wish to do them.Remember that if they are accepted in the bigger stores and tourist spots etc,the retailer will be setting the exchange rate and it may be less favourable than at a good exchange office.If you pay with the plastic on larger items you usually get a good rate,and you don't risk carrying large sums of money....also you do quite well if you use your plastic in cash machines,which are widely available,and which issue local currency,although your account will be debited in sterling.In addition to Euros,I would suggest a reasonable amount in Polish Zloties,as we are spending a fair time in Poland,and also some Czech crowns,as I am sure you will want to spend a bit in wonderful Prague.You won't need many Hungarian forints,but if you don't get any in advance we will be by an exchange place before you have even time to spend on your morning coffee,so that shouldn't be a problem.I don't recommend that you change in hotels unless you are happy with the rate they offer....in most of our destinations I know reputable places where you can get the best rates,and I'll be happy to show you them....but it is generally a good idea to have at least some of the main local currencies with you,so that you can get straight into your holiday."

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

I am booked on this trip in September, and am looking forward to it immensely. Can you give me some advice on currencies, a rough guide as to what you would consider the minimum for each country [poss a daily rate], how much of that in cash, and can I use a mastercard credit card in all these cities.:-/