Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Most helpful, will book. Many thanks.
Hi David

I would strongly recommend a visit to Hong Kong - it's one of my favourite places in the world.

We would provide the transfers to and from the airport so you don't need to worry about that.

I was there on my own for four days at the end of a business trip once and found there was more than enough to do. Here are just a few suggestions:

- Take the Funicular Railway ride to the top of Victoria Peak for amazing views over the city

- Visit Stanley Market or the Kowloon night markets

- Take a Star Ferry ride across the harbour (or maybe a harbour cruise)

- Visit the giant Buddha on Lantau island

- Take a boat ride to one of the smaller, more traditional islands, such as Lamma

- See one of the world's great skylines

- Take a train ride into the New Territories, which are still part of Hong Kong but have much less British influence

Hong Kong has an excellent underground and train network (with signs in English too) and English is widely spoken, so you will find it very safe and easy to get around. A decent guide book will be all the help you need. There may be others in your group taking the add-on too.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

I am undecided whether to include this add-on to an Australian holiday. I very much like to relax on holiday, with everything being arranged for me and am rather nervous about having to make my own way. Is there much to do? How would I get to and from the airport? Is there local help available re sightseeing, excursions etc?