Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Wow, it all sounds amazing! It will be hard to keep my mind on work until Sept! Thanks for all the feedback Jim!
I did do the excursion into Botswana. It is a great day out. We did a cruise along the Chobe river in the morning, had lunch, and drove around the Game reserve in the afternoon. Well worth the expense.

The South Africa trip as a whole was brilliant! I had a great time and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. I must admit the main reason I went was to see the animals. I did all the game drives I could!

The Victoria Falls extension is fantastic. The hotel is in a game reserve, I woke up the first morning and there were zebras on the grass outside my room, and you are only 10 minutes walk away from the falls. As a hotel guest you have free access to the falls. You have to do the microflight over the falls. It is an experience I will never forget!

Regds

Jim

Thanks for the advice Jim, I understand there is an optional excursion into Botswana, sounds very exciting - did you do it and what did you think of the trip and the add-on?
Thanks Ben!
Hi,

Did this trip in March. Zambia was on a bed & breakfast basis. You can use Dollars, Rand or Pounds. I just charged all my meals and drinks to my room and paid up using my credit card at the end

Don't try and exchange money or use ATMs in Zambia, There is a large fee for doing this. If you need any cash get it in South Africa before you leave. ATMs and Exchange services are availabe at the airport.

Regds

Jim

Ben 13 years ago
Good Morning,

Please see the itinerary for the Victoria Falls add-on below. this and all other important information will be posted out to you in your final information 15 weeks prior to your departure,

Have a great trip,

All the best,

Ben

Day 15

Depart Hazyview and travel to Johannesburg for an overnight stay.

Day 16

Transfer to the airport for your flight to Livingstone, Zambia. On arrival, transfer to your hotel where four nights’ accommodation has been reserved with breakfast. This afternoon there is an included excursion to Mukuni Village, home to the Leya people.

Day 17

Guided tour of Victoria Falls from the Zambian side. Afternoon included cruise along the Zambezi River.

Days 18 & 19

Full day free to relax or join an optional excursion.

Day 20

Transfer to Livingstone Airport for your flight back to Johannesburg to connect with your onward flight to the UK.

Day 21

Arrival back to the UK.

Hi Olly,

I've just re-booked my South African Explorer holiday for 21 Sept to include the Victoria Falls add-on and I'm very excited! Can you tell me what the itinerary will be for the add-on, which meals are included and are US dollars the best currency to bring? Also, will it be much hotter in Zambia than in S Africa - what type of weather can we expect there at that time of year?