Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Claire,

I must admit the mossy's were the bain of my life, they do like my FLESH, so I was bitten alive, others in the group had no bites, I had a plug in thing in the room, and smothered myself in spray morning and night but they still GOT ME...I ended up on antihistaime tablets, it is so hard to keep covered I did'nt bother as was so hot and humid, just avoid still water laying around, there is a Italian Restraunt in the hotel that has running water to the side of the eating area the mossys had a meal on me that night.. None of us in the group got bitten AT ALL on safari, as no still stagnant water there, but most got bitten in 2nd Hotel. Evene so the holiday was well worth the pain and soreness of the bites.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Re: clothes, what was the mozzy factor like when you went? I am going in May, coming up for their winter, do you have to cover up completely all the time? Sorry to be so naive!

Thanks,

Claire

Thanks to all for the replies and for the advice. It wil encourage me to travel light that is for sure!!

I look forward to meeting the 11 other travellers at Heathrow on the 27 April. Di

'brianj4109' wrote:

'Di wrote:

Hi Olly, first holiday with JY and jut wondered how many people are booked on this holiday?

Can you confirm that it is just one piece of hold luggage on this holiday and if it is best to have the safari part of the luggage taken as hand luggage?

Is it best to stick to Kenyan Shillings, I read somewhere about taking US$, is that correct?

Lastly, evening wear in the Mombassa part of the holiday, can you advise on what is classed as suitable please.

Sorry - so many questions!!

Di

Hi Di, I have just returned from this holiday in Tsavo & Mombasa it is a fantastic trip & well worth the money, as for evening wear at the Travellers Beach the only restriction in the hotel is no beachwear in the restaurant and gents must wear long trousers at dinner but it is a very relaxed atmosphere at all times, so pack light use plenty of sunscreen don't display jewelery overtly especially if sitting next to the window in a coach (keep window closed when in Mombasa) but just enjoy !:cool::thumbup: p.s. don't forget to take your Camera. Brian J

Thanks everyone for all the info. Panicking a bit about fitting everything in 1 case but it will make sure Itravel light. Look forward to meeting the 11 other folk at the airport. Di

'Di wrote:

Hi Olly, first holiday with JY and jut wondered how many people are booked on this holiday?

Can you confirm that it is just one piece of hold luggage on this holiday and if it is best to have the safari part of the luggage taken as hand luggage?

Is it best to stick to Kenyan Shillings, I read somewhere about taking US$, is that correct?

Lastly, evening wear in the Mombassa part of the holiday, can you advise on what is classed as suitable please.

Sorry - so many questions!!

Di

Hi Di, I have just returned from this holiday in Tsavo & Mombasa it is a fantastic trip & well worth the money, as for evening wear at the Travellers Beach the only restriction in the hotel is no beachwear in the restaurant and gents must wear long trousers at dinner but it is a very relaxed atmosphere at all times, so pack light use plenty of sunscreen don't display jewelery overtly especially if sitting next to the window in a coach (keep window closed when in Mombasa) but just enjoy !:cool::thumbup: p.s. don't forget to take your Camera. Brian J

OLLY

Blimey I am glad I went when it was the was 2 bags

Cindy

Hi Cindy & Di

I checked with a colleague who assures me that the weight limit is now 20kg for the whole trip. Cindy, you are right that it used to be 2 x 23kg. This must have changed recently.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Olly

I might be sticking my bib in here ?? when I went to Kenya Safari, I had the usual hand luggage on the plane ie back pack type of thing, then I had 2 peices of luggage in the aircraft hold. 1 proper suitcase that could weigh up to 20 kg, and then the soft sided (large sports holdall) with safari gear in that could weigh 20 kgs. Has this changes now ?? I was flying direct from LHR, so not sure where DI is flying from if internally then SORRY DI it is one bag =20 kgs in the hold IE both bags into one suitcase. You only take the soft holdall bag in the jeeps the other suitcase gets taken of you and goes direct to 2nd hotel.

As for clothes I went October and it was very,very,hot and humid so cool clothes for the evening was a MUST!!!

Take Kenyan Shillings, allthough the locals in the market shop do like English STerling.

Have a great trip DI.

Cindy

Hello Di

Don't worry. That departure is now fully booked with 12 people taking part.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly, thanks for your reply 18/3. I was being dippy I actually meant 27/4/11.

Di