Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Have a great time in Sorrento, Lesley.

To be honest Stanstead as an option wouldnt make an awful lot of difference to me as I don't drive and am having to use National Express to get to and from Gatwick anyway. The journey times to each airport are not that much different from Nottingham, just that on some departures Stanstead is cheaper.

And thank you for the hope of more Midlands flights, Olly!

Hi Lesley

We have had a few requests for more Midlands flights recently so perhaps there will be more in future.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

I have today booked the Sorrento trip for September and I too will be flying to Naples. However, I have been offered Stansted Airport as an option - at no extra cost.

It will be easier to get to from the Midlands and as it is an early morning flight (possibly earlier than Gatwick) I can stay the night before the flight in a hotel.

Not ideal, I know, but better than the trek to Gatwick from the Midlands as there are no direct or connecting flights.

It would still be nice to have a few more direct flights from Birmingham and East Midlands. It would give more options to people contemplating their first Just You trip as this can be a 'stumbling block' for some of them.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Thanks Olly. I wasn't, and in any case I have paid my balance now. Worth remembering for the future though. Thank you.
Hello Bondensbabe

Thanks for your comments - I will pass them on.

You might not be aware of this but it is often possible to make your travel arrangements to and from the destination. We will deduct a certain amount from the cost of your holiday and you will be free to book your own flights. If you'd like to discuss your options, please give us a ring on 0844 567 8838.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

'Olly' wrote:

Hi Lesley

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of China. By the way, I checked today and those Manchester connecting flights have been removed from your booking.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sorry for butting in on this, but I am inclined to agree with Lesley. I am only flying to Naples but there are no direct flights from either Birmingham or East Midlands that I am aware of. As things stand I have to pay over £100 extra for National Express and overnight hotel for Gatwick as that is the nearest place I can fly from. I don't mind as I am really looking forward to the holiday, but it would have been really nice to have been able to have flown from a more local airport.

Hi Lesley

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of China. By the way, I checked today and those Manchester connecting flights have been removed from your booking.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

Yes I understand what you are saying about hanging about at airports takes time when we could drive there. You have a very valid point and I had not thought about it like that. It is more Direct flights from the Midlands that would be a help.

I saw the airport options on P140 and that helps a bit - although still a bit limited.

Yes the China trip is nearly a reality - yippee!

America is beckoning now - Golden West or Parks & Canyons with Little Big Horn - the intrepid (Midlands) traveller in me can overcome these problems I am sure. Watch this space ........

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Hi Lesley

We do try to offer as many flights as possible from regional airports, as we want your holiday to be as convenient as it it can be.

If you have a look at p140 of the latest brochure you will see a list of UK airports and the holidays for which you can fly direct from a regional airport. There are 12 from Birmingham and two from East Midlands.

As you say, connecting flights are often an option too, so it's worth giving us a ring on 0844 567 8838 to see if anything can be arranged.

You might find that because Birmingham-London is such a short distance by air, it may be quicker and less hassle to take a coach or drive, once you factor in the time spent waiting at airports and checking in.

Not long until your China trip now.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

Is there a reason why there seems to be very few direct flights from the Midlands i.e. Birmingham or East Midlands Airports? There are not even any connecting flights - as you know.

There are sometimes direct flights from places like Manchester and even connecting flights from Scotland, N.Ireland or even Leeds/Bradford and Bristol but virtually nothing from the Midlands.

It means I and many other Midlanders have to travel some distance to catch any flight - to Heathrow and Gatwick. Why is that please?

I did travel to Russia with Just You from Birmingham via Frankfurt a couple of years ago which was so easy, but there does not seem to be these options any more.

It could limit my own choices - but is certainly off-putting for some of my friends who would like to try JY holidays but think travelling to distant airports is a hassle when we have a large international airport on our doorstep. It seems that unless you are an intrepid Midlands traveller you don't have much choice.

Best wishes,