Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hello there Mr Potts,

Many thanks for your question. Croatian food is different to traditional British fare, as food is in the majority of the world, but there is a lovely variety on offer. The Adriatic coast is renowned for the variety of seafood dishes, including scampi, calamari, skoljke (shellfish) and brodet (mixed fish stewed with rice), all cooked in olive oil and served with vegetables. In the interior of the country, you should sample manestra od bobica (beans and fresh maize soup). A lot of Croatian food contains cheese and oil, often mixed with other ingredients in pies or “donuts”. The regional wines are good and Italian espresso is also popular. In many places there is a strong Italian influence to the food and culture.

I do hope you choose to travel with Page & Moy to Croatia, and sample the wonderful variety of food on offer.

Elaine, your editor

I have been looking at some of your tours to Croatia, and they are very attractive. The one thing putting me off would be the cuisine on offer – does it vary greatly to traditional British food?

Mr Philip Potts