Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gin

in June you are looking at temperatures of 75-85 except in New orleans where in can get higher up to 92. Remember that New Orleans is close to the Gulf of mexico and the humidity is higher but its a fantastic city safe and back with a vengeance. I have been saying this since february 2006 when I went back for the first Mardi gras. Whatever date you choose have a great time!!

Dear Olly,

Many thanks for your msg. I'll email Daniel to see what he can tell me too.

Regards

Gin

Hi Gin

It's difficult to say which is the best time to go. The mean temperature in that part of the US in June is about 75-80 degrees farenheit (24-27 degrees celsius), so if you don't like hot weather you might prefer the March or September departures.

If you have a look at the tour managers page of this website, you'll see a message from Daniel Adams (12/1/09). He is leading the tour in late March and will know a lot more about the area than me! So please feel free to ask him for advice too.

You will certainly meet plenty of friendly people on one of our tours. All of our customers are single travellers, so everyone is keen to meet new people and enjoy the holiday as a group.

As for your other question, around 20 people have booked the March departure so far. Around half that number have booked the June date, which is still quite high considering that the departure is more than five months away. So I wouldn't say it was less popular - just happening later in the year!

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hello Ed,

When is the best time to travel to this area? I am tempted to go in June but Sept seems to be the popular time to visit the States despite it being hurricane season! Would it be very hot in June?

Also I never see an msgs related to this particular holiday. Is it not very popular? How many people are booked to go in June for example?

I have never traveled alone before but all of these msgs seem to indicate how friendly every one is so I am not too worried.

All info gratefully received! Thank you

Gin