Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Jan

I'm glad to hear it - it should make the start of your holiday a little more relaxing.

One last thing to say is that Robben Island excursions can fill up quickly so we do advise booking in advance. So if you decide in the next few weeks that you really, really want to do it, call Nelson Mandela Gateway on 00 27 21 413 4200. Tickets cost approx R200.00 per person. However, you may be lucky and be able to book once you are in South Africa.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Thanks Olly - this is very helpful. I have decided to book a ticket for day 3 then I will choose whether to go to Robben Island or the Winelands when I arrive in SA.
Hi Jan

I think it will be possible to see Robben Island on the afternoon of Day 2 but I would urge you to consider a couple of things before making your mind up.

The itinerary for this trip has changed slightly. Table Mountain is no longer part of the full day optional Cape Tour on day 4. It is now included (weather permitting) on day 2, straight after you land.

Also, we advise that you book Robben island in advance. So if there are any delays to your flight, you may need to skip the Table Mountain visit in order to get to Robben Island on time, which would be a pity.

And there's the possibility that you might be tired from your flight and Table Mountain visit and end up wishing you had spent day 2 relaxing!

That said, if you are very keen to see Robben Island, I hear it is well worth a visit and it will probably be possible to fit it in - just!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly

I want to do the optional tours on days 3/4 so the only day I could go to Robben Island would be on the day we arrive in Cape Town. Would it work timewise if I did this in the afternoon?

jan-b

Hi Val

That is correct - Day 4 will be the Table Mountain excursion.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi can you confirm that the excursion to Table mountain & cape would be the 28th Nov as I would like to book Robben Island for the other day.

Many thanks