Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Rose,

No problem whatsoever, all the information regarding your pre-tour get together will arrive with your final arrangements through the post.

I can confirm that a tour manager will be joining you that evening, but it may not necessarily be Laurent Chavin, as it depends on who is available at the time.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

Thanks for being so helpful---one last question--when we get the final arrangements sent to us-will that include a booking for a room at the Comfort Inn?

And (whoops,thats 2!!)will we meet Laurent Chavin that evening?

Many thanks,

Rose

Hi Rose

Don't worry about being a pest - I'm always happy to help!

The Heathrow get-togethers are held at the three-star Comfort Inn, and your tour manager for the trip will be Laurent Chavin.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

well,I'm glad I checked as my original bag was slightly too big!

Any chance of knowing the name of the hotel at Heathrow for the Pre-holiday Get-together?

And,(sorry to be a pest!) who's our tour guide?

Many thanks,

Rose

Hi Rose

I had a look at the website too. You are allowed to check in 2 x 23kg bags, though bear in mind that if you are taking a connecting flight within the UK, you will be restricted to that airline's baggage limit.

I hadn't heard the 'linear dimension' term before. Apparently to get this you must add together the height, width and length of the bag. So if your bag is 30" by 20" by 10", that will give you a linear dimension of 60" - just within the limit.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

Be nice if they had!!!

Any info on baggage allowance and size? I went on Air Canada's site to check,23kgs weight

but was surprised by the "linear dimension" rule.(62")

Cheers,

Rose

Hi Rose

Yes, hard to believe but true, according to our latest information. Perhaps they will have upgraded by the time you travel.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Many thanks for that info-though a bit surprised by the lack of facilities on the trains.

Don't tell me the UK actually has one up on Canada!!!!

Cheers,

Rose

Hi Rose,

The tour manager for this trip has not yet been appointed but if you can post another message around six weeks before the departure date, I should have this information for you.

With regard to internet access, here is a break-down of the facilities that will be available to you: Unfortunately, neither of the trains offer internet access. However The Thompson Hotel in Kamloops and The Quality Hotel in Vancouver both offer free wireless internet access.

The Delta Hotel in Halifax, Hotel Maritime in Montreal, and Amethyst Lodge in Jasper all offer wireless internet access for a small surcharge.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi,

Could you let me know who our tour manager will be on this trip?

And would they be likely to know whether the hotels and trains we're booked on will have WiFi or at least some sort of Internet access??

Many thanks,

Rose