Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dear Cheryl,

I have to agree with Megan's comments regarding the message board. To me this website has been the shop window for Just You and reading the posts from others finally convinced me to give it a go. I check the posts daily and as yet have had no feed back in relation to my recent queries. Perhaps as a first time traveller I have quite a few questions and need just that bit extra reassurance. I await your reply in relation to my previous post (Rocky Mountaineer 15/5/2008) Thanks Cheryl.

Janice

MJB 16 years ago
Cheryl, Thanks for the information on Shirley. Pleased to know she is now back home.

I hope all my friends from the New Zealand trip had a good Christmas, and I wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year. Let's hope we meet up again on another holiday.

Margaret Beeston

Thanks Megan thats a great help with regard to the make-up as to your comments on the US security system we came up against it a few years ago when we were going on a cruise at the time we felt it was the last thing needed after 10 long hours on the plane - but these things are sent to try us so its just a case of grin and bear it unfortunatley

Regards

Paulag

Hi Paula

With regard to your stopover in LA - from our experience in November you do go through security - show passport, finger print taken, and iris photographed, but they do not check hand luggage even though you have to take it off the aircraft. So if you can leave space in your hand luggage for your make-up it should be fine. Be prepared for a long queue and a not very friendly reception at LA, though! I hope that helps.

Hi is there anyone out there who can tell me what the procedure is regarding our stopover for a few hours in Los Anglese - Do we have to go through a security check and will our Duty Frees be confiscated I only ask because I want to purchase some makeup Airside to use on board (30 hours without a bit of lippy etc is too too much) and I know if I try to take my own stuff in my hand luggage through security at Heathrow it will be taken off me - I am on the 24th January trip so would appreciate some fast answers Thanks - Paula
Hi all,

Am so delighted you all had such a wonderful time, it's lovely reading all your comments.

I can tell you all that the lady who was taken ill spent quite some time in New Zealand, but she is now back home safely and is doing well. Thank you all so much for your concern.

Many apologies to anyone who has been experiencing delays in receiving replies to their posts, we are constantly trying to improve the service we offer and endeavour to reply as soon as possible to all your queries.

Kind regards,

Cheryl, your editor

Hi to everyone who went to New Zealand 1st - 18th November. Didn't we have a super time. I can't believe we packed so much into our time there. I'm sure the holiday was so enjoyable because of the lovely, friendly people on our tour. For lots of us it was the first time travelling on our own and we were rather apprehensive, but there was no need everyone got on so well and no-one was left out. Thankyou everyone!

I agree with Margaret - Roger, our driver on the North Island was wonderful. He was so knowledgeable and eager to share his obvious love and pride of NZ.

But, Cheryl what's happened to the information about the fellow traveller who was taken ill? In your reply of 7th Dec you promised information ASAP. We were all very concerned about her and would appreciate some news.

I really feel the message board needs revamping. I contribute messages to other forums and these are posted on the same day. However on this site we can wait for up to 2 weeks for our message to appear. I have noticed several messages when people have posted questions about forthcoming holidays and either no reply is posted or it is too late - the departure date for the holiday has passed. If you don't have the manpower to operate a more reliable messageboard, why bother. After all it should be a useful tool for customers, not just a place where you get a 'pat on the back'.

All the best to my fellow travelling companions. Maybe we may meet again on a future holiday.

Hi Margaret and Liz,

Am delighted to hear that you both had a lovely time in New Zealand.

Thank you for your questions about the lady who was unfortunately taken ill on your trip. I'm currently in the process of tracking down an update for you and will post a reply as soon as i have some more information, which will hopefully be very soon.

Best wishes,

Cheryl, your editor

Liz 16 years ago
Hi

I to very much enjoyed the NZ trip and I hoped that someone would post re. our fellow holiday maker who was taken ill during the trip. Come on Just You someone must know how the lady is. I know you cannot go into detail but I am sure we would all like to know how she is getting on. Please.

Regards

Liz and Hi to all those who went on the trip

MJB 16 years ago
Hi Cheryl, Have just returned from a tour of New Zealand with Fiji add on. What a wonderful holiday. I made lots of new friends. Our driver on the North Island, Roger, was brilliant, a good driver and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately one of our party had to go to hospital in Christchurch. Can you tell me how she is please?

Fiji was great.

Margaret Beeston