Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dear Pixie,

So glad you found that information useful and I can honestly say I think you'll thoroughly enjoy your holiday with us. Let me know how it goes when you get back but in the meantime if you can think of anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to let me know. Good luck and don't worry. Most people have first time nerves, it's normal! Once you get there they'll just disappear.

Best Wishes

Cheryl, Your Editor

So helpful, thank you. Yes, I have booked the holiday. All I need now is a bucketful of courage to do the journey!!! Still the flight is not too long and the weather sounds just right. Wish me luck.
Hi Pixie,

The official tourism season is from Easter to mid-September however Portugal is regarded as an all-year destination being one of the warmest European countries. Even in December you will find that temperatures are mild rather than cold but it is likely that you will experience some showers. Temperatures are likely to be around 15°C.

I would take comfortable clothing that is smart/casual. I would perhaps take something more formal for the Portugese style Christmas Eve dinner and the festive Christmas dinner. People always seem to like getting dressed up at Christmas! I know I do. As temperatures won't be terribly cold don't pack too many woolies but I would take a few cardigans or jumpers for cool evenings and a lightweight jacket.

The currency is Euros and as Portugal is part of the European Union no visa is required. The official language is Portugese but as Portugal's economy is very much geared towards tourism you will find the vast majority of people also speak English. The length of the flight is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.

Hope this information helps. My biggest piece of advice would be to just relax and enjoy your holiday. Make the effort to get to know your group and you'll have a fabulous time and hopefully make some new friends. Let me know if you decide on this holiday.

Warm wishes

Cheryl, Your Editor

I am thinking of going to Portugal with just You over the Christmas period. Can you advise regarding weather at that time of year, style of dress and any other tips you can think of. Currency? Visa? Language? Length of flight to Oporto? Thanks a million