Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you, that is most helpful.
Hi David,Apparently the 'Sound & Light in Karnak Temple, Luxor' is the 'Son et Lumière Show’ at the Temple of Karnak excursion. I am not sure why it is named differently.Regarding the currency, you can pay for all extras with English money or Egyptian currency. The excursions always show the cost in US dollars...confusing! I have converted each excursion into English and Egyptian pounds for you (these are approx prices and calculated at the current exchange rates, obviously these may differ by the time of travel).......The temple of Abu SimbelPrice:£100/1,045 EGPBalloon flight over LuxorPrice:£87/466 EGPSound and light in Karnak temple, Luxor (Son st Lumiere show)Price:£21/215 EGPSound and light in Philea, Aswanprice:£21/215 EGPI think it will be easier for you to just take Egyptian pounds with you. This way you wont get confused as to which you are paying with. I hope this helps, sorry for the confusion!Kind regardsCheryl, yoor editor
Do I have to take Dollars as well? Can excursions be paid for on a card?
Hi David,

The Optional excursions are all paid locally as follows.......

Temple of Abu Simbel

A visit by air to the Temple of Abu Simbel.

Price: US $195.00 per person

Balloon Flight over Luxor

Price Approx : US $170.00 per person

Sound & Light in Karnak Temple, Luxor

Approx price: US $40.00 per person

Sound & Light in Philea, Aswan

Approx Price: US $40.00 per person

I havent yet been able to get the price for ‘Son et Lumière Show’ at the Temple of Karnak. I have been in contact with my collegue and I will get back to you as soon as I get a reply. Any meals purchased will also be paid locally.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Cheryl, your editor

Thank you for your reply, that certainly helps. However, other spending money, optional excursions etc - do I have to take both English and Egyptian money with me? Can I pre-pay for Son et Lumiere for example?
Hi David,

I have looked into this for you and there is an on board credit facility. Every time you purchase something, you sign a cheque. At the end of the cruise, before checking out, you settle your bill with the option to pay by credit card if this is easier for you.

I hope this helps. If you need anymore info, i will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Cheryl, your editor

According to your office there are no facilities to take credit/debit cards or accept travellers cheques on this cruise. As I am reluctant to carry a lot of English and Egyptian money on me, please advise.