Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Alli,

Yes, the limit is R5000 in cash. Also please be aware you can only have R500 in cash when you leave South Africa, so we do recommend you take Pounds Sterling or US Dollars, as either cash or travellers cheques.

MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Diners Club are also widely accepted.

Cash can be withdrawn from ATM’s using your Debit Card, and some Credit Cards will also allow you to make cash withdrawals. It is advisable to check with your card issuer for details of merchant acceptability and other facilities which may be available to you.

For the Victoria falls Extension (Zambia side) US Dollars is the best currency to take. This can be either cash or travellers cheques.

Kind regards,

Andy, your editor

Olly

Along with Mike I have a few questions but regarding the main part of the tour-I have discovered there is a limit to the amount of currency you can take into South Africa(not well publicised) of 5000 rand(only about £390-£400)As most of the optional excursions have to be paid in cash what is your suggestion?Is it best to take Dollars too or travellers cheques or withdraw from an ATM when we are there?? Appreciate your help

Alli

Hi Mike

Your tour manager for this trip will be Alison Bisset and you will receive more details about the excursion programme around 6-7 weeks before departure.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Olly,

Thanks for that, all sounds fine. Acouple of other questions, 1 when will we get list of optional excursions and their cost? and 2 do we know who the Tour Manager will be?

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

Visitors to Zambia are now required to obtain a visa when they arrive at a cost of US$50 per person (for British nationals). This sum needs to be paid (in cash) at all points of entry. This is for single entry only, so if you take an optional excursion to Botswana you’ll need to obtain a double entry visa which costs $80 per person. Payment must be made in US$ cash and no small notes are accepted. Prices are correct at the time of writing, but can change without prior notice.

The unit of currency is the Zambian Kwacha (approx. 6000 to the pound) but hotels and most shops and restaurants will accept payment in any of the four major currencies: Kwacha, South African Rand, US Dollars and Sterling. Most places accept major credit cards. We advise that you take cash rather than travellers' cheques, which are often not accepted.

The departure tax is included in the price of your holiday.

I hope this answers your questions - let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Olly,

Having booked for the South African Explorer and Victoria Falls add on leaving on 4 September, I am finding it difficult to find definitive information with regards to the Victoia Falls element with regard to Zambian Visa, availability and price, best currency to have available, and the departure tax situation. I would be obliged if you could clarify. Mike C