Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi Lesley

I'm taking the same German holiday as you, but in September, and would love to know how you get on when you get back.

Enjoy yourself.

Leslie

Hi LesleyThanks for your reply.Apologies for providing you the incorrect info. I've double checked this time and you should find these details match the holiday you are interested in:Burg Eltz CastleThis is a half day excursion with a 2 hour leisurely walk down hill through a woodland area.Moselle Valley TourA 3/4 day excursion. You'll have 1 hour of easy walking in Cochem.Ahr Valley WalkA full day excursion with 2 1/2 hours walking on the Red Wine Trail and around Ahrweiler, so 5 hours walking in total.Hope this is more helpful. It sounds like an ideal first walking holiday, not too intense but I still think you are wise for some gentle practise and waering in your boots.Glad to hear you are looking forward to going away with Just You - hope you come back and tell us all about itEnjoy!Cheryl, your editor
Thanks for the reply, although it seemed to describe the other walking holiday in Germany rather than the one I mentioned - the castles & walking in The Moselle valley - which says that one of the walks is a leisurley stroll back to the coach from the Burg Eltz Castle and one day is a 3/4 scenic tour, the only 'walking' as such mentioned is on the red wine trail.

I will never the less start spending more time on the incline treadmill, walking the dog and breaking in my walking boots! I live in a very flat area so will find some hills!!

I am really looking forward to the holiday as it is my first since my separation last year and my first alone since I was a teenager (many moons ago!)

Hi Lesley

Thank you for your message.

Re how much walking you will be doing - during days 2 to 4 there are three included excursions which are 1/2 day walking, 3/4 day walking and a full day's walking, so plenty of time to enjoy your surroundings but still some time to unwind and relax.

Our walking excursions do require a reasonable level of fitness as some walks can involve uneven terrain or steeper ascents to gain breathtaking views - so it will be all worth it. A local guide accompanies each walk and he/she will ensure that the pace is reasonable and that everybody moves forward togther.

Whilst out walking, you will need sturdy walking shoes/boots, a small rucksack, waterproofs, a hat and sunglasses.

I hope this has answered some of your queries. Our walking and activity holidays are such a great way of seeing your surroundings and taking advantage of the best view points - definitely a rewarding holidy.

Would love to know if you decide to go and how you get on. Keep in touch.

Regards

Cheryl, your editor

Hi Cheryl. I would like to know a bit about the castles & walking in Germany holiday that I have booked in August. Will I need walking boots and how fit will I need to be!! It does not say whether the walking is on roads or pathways or how hilly. The other walking holiday gives this information but it does involve alot more walking.

Thanks