Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hi olly

Thanks for that, i have managed to find the web site that does not charge for the visa

(american embassy ) and hopefully i have done it properly.It was accepted and I have a print out so am sure all is well.

Thanks again

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

You normally receive your final documents containing all the trip information around 2 weeks before travelling, so it should be with you in the next couple of weeks.

With regards to your electronic visa (now called an ESTA), there is currently no charge to apply for this. If you paste the link below into your browser, this will take you directly to the official US government website. The application only takes a couple of minutes providing you have your passport with you.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ 

Kind regards,

Andy, your editor

Hi olly

When do we hear more about the trip to memphis as there is only 3 weeks to go come this friday and although i have checked about the visa there appears to be a charge, where as we should be able to get it with no costs. Will that info be in the post soon as another fellow traveller has said not to leave it too long

Thanks

Sharon

Hi Cindy

Yes, but make sure it's a khaki dress!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly

That did make me laugh a cocktail dress.!!! for one reason I don't even own one...

I have done 3 USA JY tours,1 Poland and 1 Austrian Lakes. I have always gone for the smart casual wear and comfy, with maybe a dressier pair of troussers and few tops for the evenining. Things that can be layerd on or off according to the temperature. A fleece and a light weight jacket.

So do I have to go shopping for a cocktail dress for my Safari next year??? just a thought.!!

Cindy

Hi Sharon

By all means pack a jumper if you want to - there may well be a chillier evening. As for packing something smart, this too is entirely up to you. I didn't have a specific occasion in mind but you never know when you might need it. But if it isn't your thing, you'll be fine without something smart too.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly

Thanks for that my friend went last march on the same trip and had to buy some jumpers as she was very surprised how cold it was and had only taken summer stuff. You say a dress may be needed,Where are we likely to need that?

Thanks sharon

Hi Sharon,

Temperatures in the south of the USA are much warmer year-round, with long, hot summers. It’s likely to be humid and there may be some showers. The highest temperature you can expect is about 86f in New Orleans and 82f in Nashville and Memphis.

I’d recommend dressing casually, and packing plenty of comfortable, lightweight clothing. You may wish to pack a jacket and tie or cocktail dress for evenings out.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi olly

Could you let me know what weather i can expect while out on this trip. is it likely to be varied, just need to have some idea really

Thanks a lot

sharon

Hi Olly

Thanks for that i paid my balance yesterday and was told that this trip is certainly going ahead which is great. i had a trip booked to germany last march and it was cancelled due to not having enough people so i suppose it has made me think it may happen again

Thanks

Sharon