Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I have just come back from USA East Coast tour, and there were ladies on there that had got the phone cards they were much cheaper than mobile phone and worked really well. I take my MB just for at the airport, I keep incontact by e-mail as all the hotels on my last tour (6 hotels)had business suites that you can use with, computer, printer,fax etc. at no charge.

Cindy Dinsmore

Hi Nik,

Yes I can understand how you would want to avoid using your mobile phone from abroad to phone home as it can be ridiculously expensive.

The most inexpensive and certainly easiest way of phoning home from America is by purchasing a phone card. Your hotel should have these available to sell to tourists such as yourself which you can then use on the hotels public telephones. They will offer great phone rates which can be used to call many different countries.

If for any reason your hotel does not supply phone cards, you will not have a problem in finding a convenience store in close proximity to the hotel which supplies them. The hotel staff who are familiar with the area will be more than happy to help you obtain an international phone card. Do not worry, they are very common and it is easy to find a store which sells them.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to email me.

Kind regards

Cheryl, your editor

Nik 15 years ago
Hi Cheryl

I was just wondering if you or anyone else knew a cheap way of calling form the U.S without taking a mobile phone. I didn't want to take my mobile because of all the international charges, I was hoping for a pre paid card of some kind that I can use from payphones, but I haven't a clue where to start looking. I'm going on the Golden West tour in November, so I thought I'd better get it sorted!!!!

Thanks

Nik