Post a reply
Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Have just come back from South Africa and we were allowed hand luggage as well as a handbag on all the flights, including the internal ones.
Hi there, What I do, is put a small handbag with hankies, sweets, any tablets I need ect in my hand luggage bag & take it out when I get to my seat. That way you have what you need handy without having to get into the overhead locker just for a hankie. Have a try at home. Hope this helps,Sheila

thanks cheryl and cindy

i thought i couldnt take both bags. i will do what cindy said and pack my handbag and use a rucksack on the plane.

I have travelled to USA (JY) and independently to Prague and Portugal this year. The airlines are still saying one piece of hand luggage..not a handbag + a bag (backpack etc.) For travelling I usually have the backpack with money and passport etc in and pack the handbag in my main case, empty. The plastic see-through bag for travel bits (toothpaste, handcream lip balm-stick)still applies - I flew back Saturday and had to do this...

Hope this helps!

Cindy Dinsmore

Hello

I'm afraid you'll only be able to take one piece of hand luggage on to the plane. This is the maximum allowed by most airlines. However, your hand luggage can weigh up to 5kg, so you should be able to get most of the things you need packed.

Warm wishes,

Cheryl, your editor

I am going to China in november and was wondering about hand luggage. Can I take a handbag and a rucksack on the plane or just my handbag?

Thanks.